“Though I’ve coached multiple classic rock icons and have given lessons to other noted guitar instructors both locally and nationally, my greatest pleasure is working one on one with beginners and intermediate students. When I see a student enjoying the lesson, it really makes my day.”
From beginners to pros, Don has taught guitar lessons to every age and level. With a reputation of being a top-notch music educator, Don knows when to act as a teacher, coach and mentor to his students. Don is proficient in teaching the styles Rock, Blues, Acoustic, Country, Pop, Indie, Alternative, Funk, Metal, Jazz, and more. Don makes music theory easy to understand and apply.
Don specializes in the following areas of music instruction:
- Singing and Songwriting
- Performance (working with a band)
- Gear Setup and Maintenance
- Assisting students to earn scholarships to top notch music schools
- Recording original or cover songs with other students, or assisting all along the process of recording a student’s solo music.
What makes Don Warren stand out?
– Has unprecedented skills to connect with and develop any level of student.
– Has developed and assisted students who went on to earn significant scholarships to Berklee, Crane, and Belmont.
– Invented and sold a training pick to the world’s largest music accessory supplier (D’Addario / Planet Waves).
– Founded the U-Rock Camp weekend music experience for kids, teens,and adults. This has been a life-changing event for countless people of all ages in building playing ability, skills, performance skills, confidence, networking, and relationships.
– Proficient in multiple genres of music, including rock, R&B, blues, folk, pop, metal, country, bluegrass, gospel, reggae, funk, etc.
Music Industry Professional Bio
– Voting member of the Grammy’s.
– Worked with Blink 182, Blue Oyster Cult, Dan Toler (Allman Brothers) etc.
– Shared stage and/or studio credits with multiple well-known recording artists including Trey Anastasio (Phish) Hall Ketchum, John Sebastian (The Lovin Spoonful), Richard Bell (The Band).
– Has performed annual sold out shows at Caffe Lena spanning more than 25 years.
– Created and developed a unique, unprecedented sounding guitar, including securing a national endorsement for guitars with a Nashville session legend. See www.warrenguitars.com
Why does this matter?
Don’s personality and teaching style, combined with his vast and varied experience and musical knowledge at the highest levels, allows him to guide students anywhere they desire.
Whether students want to play for their own personal satisfaction, play a simple campfire song, play in a group, perform in public, attend music school, pursue a musical career, or just play for fun, Don can lead you there.
Don will work with you to accomplish any music goals you have at a speed you are most comfortable with. Building relationships and musical skills is his forte. Don loves what he does, and this is palpable to his students, musical peers, and colleagues.