Even a complete beginner can join our U-Rock weekend camp.
U-Rock Camp weekends are available for teens as well as adults.
U-Rock Camp weekend is a fantastic way for students to see the progress from their guitar, bass, drums, piano, or voice lessons.
For nearly two decades, the U-Rock Camp has been a positive, life-changing experience for kids, teens, and adults. Learning how and when to lead, coach, and/or follow comes from having to set a goal (the songs the students will play together) and meet it in a short time. All of this is achieved in a positive, fun environment where friendships are formed and creativity is inspired!
What to Expect:
- Know what it’s like to play on-stage with other musicians, with lights and a fog show!
- Develop professional rehearsal/prep skills that carry beyond the music.
- Form a band with other musicians of similar age, experience, and style.
- Learn when to lead, coach and follow within a group, while tasked with a deadline.
When do the Camps take place?
- U-Rock Camp runs throughout the year for Kids, Teens, and Adults.
- Kids and Teen Weekend Camps are held throughout the year.
- Dates vary and will be announced to students at the lesson studio.
- In addition to camps, we offer various workshops on different topics throughout the year! Information and updates are posted at the lesson studio.
- Student Showcases are also hosted throughout the year, where students who wish to perform can put their developing music chops to action, and get to perform in front of a live audience! This is for students who wish to participate. Showcase venues vary throughout the year. Contact us or ask during lessons to learn more!
What to bring to Camp:
- Your instrument(s) as discussed with your teacher.
- Amplifier (for electric guitar or bass).
- 15′ chord to plug guitar or bass into amp.
- Picks (for guitarists).
- Extra set of strings (guitarists).
- Drummers should bring their own snare, hi-hats, cymbals, and sticks.
- For keys, consult with us ahead of time, as a keyboard/synth may already be provided.
- If voice is your only instrument, there’s no need to bring additional equipment unless otherwise discussed.
Kids/Teen camp takes place Saturday 11am to 5pm and Sunday 11pm to 4pm.
Adults 18 and older: One-Day Adult Camps typically run quarterly with times varying based on availability.